Contest Rules & Regulations
The following rules apply in all contests or promotions sponsored by CILB FM/Big Dog, which is owned and operated by NewCap Broadcasting. By participating in any such contests or promotions, listeners agree to be bound by these rules. In addition, particular contests or promotions may have rules that are specific to those contests or promotions. If the particular rules for a specific contest or promotion conflict with the following general rules, the particular rules will control.
General Contest Rules
1. Dates/Terms/Eligibility. CILB FM/Big Dog (the "Station") may change the dates and/or terms of the Contest without prior notice. Any material changes will be broadcast on the Station and/or posted on its website. The Contest is open to legal Canadian residents residing in Alberta. There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. Employees or agents of Newcap radio stations or any entity associated with the Contest, as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent, may not participate.
2. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by sponsors for reasons of unavailability. In which case, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. CILB FM/Big Dog assumes no responsibility or liability for damages loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. CILB FM/Big Dog is not responsible for replacing tickets in the event of show cancellations as a result of weather, promoter or performer.
3. Conditions/Restrictions. Each winner will be required to produce identification satisfactory to the Station. Each winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release, including a publicity release, as prepared by the Station prior to receiving their prize. Each winner will be responsible for any taxes or fees that result from the receipt and/or use of their prize. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate and/or win the Contest will be disqualified. Contestants are limited to one prize per every 60 days.
4. Conditions/Restrictions. CILB FM/Big Dog is not responsible for errors, problems or delays in the mail or telephone systems that may prevent callers or entries from reaching CILB FM/Big Dog. Listeners can call the CILB FM/Big Dog contest line. If a caller gets disconnected for any reason before their name and phone number have been recorded, another call will be taken. Decisions of the CILB FM/Big Dog judges are final. All contest entries will become the property of CILB FM/Big Dog.
5. Release and Indemnification. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and indemnify the Station, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees (the "Released Parties"), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant's participation in the Contest.
6. Rules. Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification. Copies of these rules are available at the Station's website, or by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at this address.
Special Internet Rules
1. Game and contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address. Limit one entry per email address.
2. CILB FM/Big Dog and sponsors not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by CILB FM/Big Dog, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant's ability to participate.
3. CILB FM/Big Dog reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of CILB FM/Big Dog corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of any Internet promotion, game or contest, or the Internet portion of any promotion, game or contest. CILB FM/Big Dog, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by these rules, and the Official General Rules appearing above.
Generic Station Rules
1. Employees of NewCap Broadcasting, CILB FM/Big Dog, its associated agencies, and their immediate families are not eligible to win.
2. Any and all federal, provincial, and local laws apply to all contests.
3. Winner’s voice or likeness may be used in conjunction with recorded announcements or outside advertising for CILB FM/Big Dog. Winners may be recorded and played back on-air, on any of the NewCap Broadcasting radio stations.
4. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of winning unless otherwise noted.
5. Any additional costs related to the prize or incurred as a result of accepting the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
6. Prize is awarded as is to the winner only. No substitutions or transfers of prizes permitted.
7. Prize has no cash value.
8. In the case of ballot entry contests; if ballot form is illegible, a new form will be drawn
9. Ballots must be filled out by actual person entering to win contest. No substitutions. If ballot was filled out by a third person, a new ballot will be drawn.
10. CILB FM/Big Dog may not be held responsible for any technical difficulties, for example studio equipment or phones that result in a potential winner being disconnected on studio lines.
11. CILB FM/Big Dog reserves the right to supplement or change contest rules at any time. The decisions of NewCap Broadcasting are final.
12. By participating in any contests, entrants agree to be bound by the official rules and regulations of the promotion.
13. CILB FM/Big Dog makes no warranties regarding the safety, condition, or fitness of any prizes awarded, and will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered by a winner through the use of any awarded prize.
14. CILB FM/Big Dog reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value; winners do not have any right to substitution of prizes.
15. CILB FM/Big Dog will not be responsible for mail that has been lost, damaged or delayed.
16. Prize winners must be at least 18 years old, unless otherwise specified.
17. Where a prize consists of tickets for a sporting event, concert, movie, play or similar event, CILB FM/Big Dog will not be responsible for cancellation. In that event, the winner must deal exclusively with the promoter of the event.
18. Winners are solely responsible for all taxes, duties, or other costs that may be associated with the winning of a prize.
19. Particular contests may limit eligibility to persons of a certain age, who live in a given geographic location, or who work in a particular job, by way of example. Contestants are responsible for determining whether such eligibility limitations apply to a particular contest or promotion.
20. In its discretion, CILB FM/Big Dog may require winners to sign a release form in order to receive the prize. In such a case, the winner will not be entitled to receive the prize without signing the release.
21. The interpretation of these and all other rules relating to contests or promotions sponsored by CILB FM/Big Dog is reserved exclusively to CILB FM/Big Dog. Its decisions shall be final.